The MBRA Executive Board is seeking officers for the 2018 & 2019 seasons. Each position will be elected to a two-year term. You must be a Michigan resident and hold a USA Cycling License to run for a position. All executive board members are required to call in to MBRA executive board meetings (approximately 1 per month) and in some cases to attend special events.
Please be sure that the contact information for your club or team is up to date on USACycling.org and listed correctly on our voter roll. For corrections or to assign a proxy please email Larry Martin (email@example.com) by August 1, 2017.
Positions up for election are as follows:
- Vice President
Nominations will be accepted via email. The deadline to self-nominate or nominate candidates is August 1, 2017. Submissions for nominations should be emailed to Larry Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Candidates must accept the nomination and provide the following information:
- Position You're Running For
- City of Residence
- Experience (Event Promoter, Racer, Official, etc.)
- Platform/Why You’re Running (Please limit to 500 words or less)
Voting members include the following:
- President or designated club member of a MBRA cycling club/team who has/or will host or co-host at least one MBRA-approved race event in the past or upcoming calendar year.
- Race promoter or designated MBRA member who has/or will host or co-host at least one MBRA-approved race event in the past or upcoming calendar year.
- USAC Licensed Official who has/or will officiate at least one MBRA-approved race event in the past or upcoming calendar year.
There is a limit of one (1) vote per person, per member class, with the maximum allowable number of votes of three (3) from any individual who is a qualified member under the aforementioned criteria.
Electronic elections will open the week of August 1st, all ballots must be cast before September 1, 2017. Results will be announced by USA Cycling the following week.
This nomination and election process was revised following public input at the MBRA Special Election Meeting at CyclingLawyer.com Crit on July 8th, 2017. Minutes from the meeting are available online.